When I look back....and forward

Back in school, some of my favorite subjects were English, Chemistry and Geography. Precisely in Class X ICSE. Struggled through Maths and finally got a respectable score in the final exam, but not before screwing up every practise exam in school preceding the boards. Not sure if I really enjoyed Maths that much. But I really enjoyed English (Merchant of Venice, Selected Short Stories and Pageant of Poems) and Chemistry. When almost all of the class hated chemistry, I used to just love the subject, especially organic chemistry and chemical bonding.

Though I had an excellent Bio ma'am, I really did not fancy the subject that much! Those were the days when I aspired to become a Chemistry or Geography teacher I guess. And then, just like everyone else, did science in Class XII (put some enthu into the drab State Board syllabus), Computer Science engineering (how irrelevant was that!). Put fight in Comp Sci. engineering, took GRE & TOEFL, apped to 4 colleges (got through 2), took and flunked CAT & XAT, landed in a product development company that I respect :), stayed on for 2 years (in the process, bloated big time and tried to lose some flab in the last couple of months). Am sure you're frustrated by now, just reading this. Just a few more things. Took CAT again, kinda got through, put a bit of fight (realized what line I surely should not take in my career), did some intersting non-academic stuff which I loved and now on the threshold again! I love and hate thresholds .... Will I find my job of Geography, Chemistry, English, Marketing, Strategy, Orgn. Behavior with a generous serving of Music and Event Management? I should!

Comments

aparna said…
I just recollected wanting to become an archeologist and a journalist at some point in my life...but biologist did over power.
@ aparna: :) Good for you! last month eh?.. ensoy.. very happy for you

Popular posts from this blog

My Voices - Ragi Tandhira ....

Schooling at Vikaasa!

Bangalore - Is it overhyped?!