Unlike India

Things that I didn't know I'll miss: (in no order, so don't judge me!)


  1. 'Semmozhi' song being played in continuous loops on TV - when it was played yesterday on TV, I realized that I hadn't seen the video in one whole week, almost blasphemous in TN nowadays!
  2. Normal Bollywood songs - Set Max, 9X etc..
  3. An interesting Tamil Reality show like Airtel Super Singer - the Sangeetha Maha Yudham is crass!
  4. Mixie - at least to grind coconut
  5. ever silver tumbler - so that you get that froth on the coffee
  6. ever silver karandi - feels very vaaku, these peengon and plastic things are useless
  7. thayir saadam - I never knew I'd miss this one
  8. Short Power cuts - for that edge of unpredictability that adds spice to life!
  9. Time to read English and Tamil fiction - I actually do get it, this is a vetti point
  10. Physical Hindu newspapaer - the e-version just doesnt feel the same!
  11. Grand Sweets Pepper Rasam mix - it takes painfully long to make the rasam on my own!  
Things I have an overdose of:
  1. Unlimited Internet and hence, too much connectivity all the time - so ppl dont miss me even!
  2. Formal clothing and a clean shaven face - I've started liking this though :)
  3. AC AC all the time - bring on the normal fans I say!
  4. Too much Tamil around the place - but a lot of the Tams here speak the 'la' Tamil and it sounds like crazy!
  
However, I knew I'd miss Madras, Bangalore and all you ppl out there :) - And no, am not missing the IIM Bangalore mess food, just those monsoons!

Comments

saraswathi said…
Hi, I will send you the things you want through mama when he returns from India. Interesting blog from you after a long time
Krithiga said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krithiga said…
Yeah, I second Amma. A very interesting post from you after a loonnnnnnngg time :). I disagree one of your points though. Even though you've too much connectivity, still all of us miss you a lot!
Anonymous said…
I miss doing the crossword on hindu or rather metro plus. I still miss it!

Well, most of the stuff you will grow into it if you stay long enough and even appreciate some.

BTW, its been a while since i heard "ever - silver" during growing up, for a while i did not realize the meaning.
Nice post, I hope your having fun!
aparna said…
Anonymous - Manju
@Manju yeah... sorta having fun@work you might say :) yeah, ever-silver tumbler is such a wonder! do you remember the word 'cyclostyle'?
booscuthala? funny post man :)
Anonymous said…
really good stuff! i so share the sentiment :) and pleased to see desi roomate is not in the 'overdose of' list!
vb said…
i guess u have started to experience how it feels being in a foreign country.. i miss 4,5,7 and 10 too..

use this opportunity to try and learn new things that you wouldn't get to do in india.. have fun.
@Vb: I know man! yeah, learning curve is hopefully getting steeper by the day :)

Popular posts from this blog

Schooling at Vikaasa!

My Voices - Ragi Tandhira ....

Bangalore - Is it overhyped?!