Those things...

There are some things that you just cant forget, right? ..... it's just so ingrained in your brain, no matter how long back it happened. You probably hear most of it being recalled more by your amma (this was the first dress you wore or something like that) .. like for me, where I bought that stupid but favorite red t-shirt, those live-in denims I bought to wear to a meeting with my HeadMaster in school (cant even believe that now :P), the senior farewell that we hosted  (it was supposed to be modelled out of a new TV channel launch)
However, these events or ideas are muddled somewhere behind in my brain.. and sometimes, get triggered by different agents - sometimes my dreams, an old photo and the likes! and then, you (I) rewind and play it again.. and then, the current state seems strangely sad, nostalgic!
I've started hating this feeling called nostalgia - guess it's no use - Living in the moment is what I need to do! That thing that I used to do back in B or M or C always seems fancier when I'm thinking about it, sitting in S! But yov, there are so many fun things that I can do in S as well - like play pictionary, watch that classic movie, go for a quiet but sultry (windless) walk or just watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S! When I think about it, I was doing pretty much similar things even back at B and C :) So, the judgement is the endless quest or pining for that nice thing that you (sorry, I) used to do should just be pushed back.. there are nicer things to do if we just start looking around?!
P.S Watched 'Inception' again yesterday. Thought I understood it better this time, or did I? And no, am not confused at all :D

Comments

nostalgia is good for the fleeting escapist moment...how fast we manage to get ourselves back to reality is the key !!
aparna said…
:) thats a nice post. I have more than one person making fun of how i "glorify" the past. especially apartments and cousins kathai!
RA said…
Nostalgia always seems crazy when you recollect it, but made perfect sense the time it actually happened!

The present is always tense, the past usually perfect.

Nice blog by the way: sight, sound, text. The complete circle, almost.
@melona: (feels funny when i call you that)Ageed completely

@manju: for me, it's those vikaasa stories and now the B ones!

@RA: thanks for dropping by Sir! 'The present is always tense, the past usually perfect' - Full like!
Kiran said…
perfecto.. movies, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, work... sigh... (I or if you want we :P) need more escape routes...
Vinay Sekhar said…
Have u watched Midnight in Paris... interesting observation on the tendency of man to think that the past was a better time to live in... watch the movie if u haven't already seen it.
Hey hey just saw your comment. No I have t seen it. Krithiga watched it & seemed to like it , let me watch it too.,,

Popular posts from this blog

Schooling at Vikaasa!

My Voices - Ragi Tandhira ....

Bangalore - Is it overhyped?!