The Power of Intense Practice - Always Works!

I was chatting with a cousin a few days back and one thing she said stuck to me. The prevalent perception that talent is inborn. The other school of thought is that if you put in the hours, you can accomplish what seemed impossible at first. I used to subscribe to the 'talent is inborn' theory initially but I feel I've now become a convert. I've come to learn through these years that passion and the will to master a skill supersede innate talent that one may be genetically blessed with. I see so many artistes around me who have taken on something, worked on it & reached a certain respectable level - music, dance, running, design, photography. I realize that while growing up, a constant reference to a lack of inborn talent while trying to learn an art /skill can be quite a confidence-dampener for someone who's trying.Good lesson learnt no?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schooling at Vikaasa!

My Voices - Ragi Tandhira ....

Bangalore - Is it overhyped?!